Interested in CA Bike Summit?
Thread started by KataCyklsLA2NY
at 11.4.11 - 6:29 pm
I copy and pasted this off of the KPFK 90.7 pacifica radio station.
Oct. 28, 2011
California Bike Summit logo
Next weekend more than 100 bike advocates from local bicycle coalitions and cycling clubs, statewide and national advocacy organizations, the bike industry, and public agencies will spend three days in downtown Los Angeles learning, sharing, brainstorming and networking.
There's still time for you to join us at the 2011 California Bike Summit, Nov. 5-7, in Los Angeles.
We're bringing together local, state and national advocates to help set California's bicycling agenda for 2012 and beyond, and strengthen bicycle advocacy in California through networking and sharing of best practices.
Our program includes remarks, presentations and workshops with such local, statewide and national figures as:
- Jim Sayer, executive director, Adventure Cycling Association
- Jeff Miller, executive director, Alliance for Biking & Walking
- Randy Neufeld, director, SRAM Advocacy Fund
- Sen. Alan Lowenthal (D-Long Beach), author of SB 910
- Jared Blumenfeld, EPA Region 9 administrator
- Alexis Lantz, policy and planning director, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- Laura Cohen, Western Region director, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- Deb Hubsmith, director, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Autumn Bernstein, director, ClimatePlan
- Graham Brownstein, state policy director, TransForm
- Wendy Alfsen, executive director, California WALKS
- Paul Zykofsky, Local Government Commission
- Michael Ronkin, complete streets expert
- Don Ward, cofounder, Midnight Ridazz (and member of the famed Wolfpack Hustle team that raced and beat JetBlue!)
On Monday, Nov. 7, we'll share best practices on subjects as diverse as bike-friendly business districts, safety education, bike sharing programs, fundraising, and working with grassroots organizations and movements.
Networking and social time includes a variety of bike rides around LA on Saturday and a no-host party at Angel City Brewery, Southern California's oldest microbrewery, on Saturday night. And Flying Pigeon LA makes it easy to get around by offering a sweet deal on bike rentals during the summit.
If you haven't yet registered, visit us online to find everything you'll want to know about the summit. And please contact us at 916-446-7558 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need more information.
I hope to see you there!